SECONDARY CAMPUS’ CHARGER WEEKLY VIEW - NOVEMBER 17, 2017
Your next Charger Weekly View will be posted on December 1st due to the holiday break next week.
- Important Upcoming Dates
- 7 Cares Idaho Shares Service Opportunity
- Operation Christmas Child Service Opportunity
- Photography Club Fundraiser
- Seniors Meet with Jostens Rep
- Ski Team Info
- Winter Weather Procedures
- Athletic News
- Band and Colorguard News
IMPORTANT UPCOMING DATES
- Saturday, 11/18 – CVCS Band and colorguard are participating in the Boise Holiday Parade*
- Monday, 11/20 - Friday, 11/24 – Thanksgiving Break (no school)
- Monday, 11/20 – Operation Christmas Child service opportunity at Ustick Baptist Church*
- Monday, 11/20 – Boise Rescue Mission 4:15 – 7:30 pm. Click here for more info.
- Wednesday, 11/29 – The photography club will be selling Stroopwafels in the commons*
- Thursday, 11/30 - A Jostens Rep will be here to meet with the seniors 10:45 – 11:25 am in the auditorium*
- Thursday, 11/30 – Backpack program immediately after school. Click here for more info and to sign up.
- Thursday, 12/7 – Saturday 12/9 – HS Fall Play “16 in 10” 7:00 – 9:00 pm in the auditorium (doors open at 6:30 pm) $3.00 at the door for students, staff and seniors, $5.00 for everyone else.
- Friday, 12/1 – CVCS Band and colorguard are participating in the Meridian Winter Lights Parade 6:30 pm. Click here for more info.
- Saturday, 12/9 – 7 Cares Idaho Shares*
*See below for more info
To see more important dates on our Tandem calendar, click here.
7 CARES IDAHO SHARES SERVICE OPPORTUNITY – Saturday, 12/9
- Two shifts available: 7:30 - 10:30 am or 10:30 am - 1:30 pm.
- Cole Valley is partnering with KTVB by collecting food and monetary donations at the Albertsons and Fred Meyers stores in the valley. Each store requires at least three people (must include one adult) to man a table that will be stationed right outside the store’s front doors. Please click here to sign up to volunteer during one of the two shift times at a store in your neighborhood.
OPERATION CHRISTMAS CHILD SERVICE OPPORTUNITY – Monday, 11/20
- This is an awesome opportunity for students to receive service hours while also impacting children around the world with the good news and great joy of the Gospel.
- Operation Christmas Child needs volunteers to help pack and load cartons of shoe boxes onto semi-trailers on Monday, 11/20 at Ustick Baptist Church anytime between 10:30 am - 5:30 pm.
- Please email email@example.com or call Barbara Place at 208-841-8184 if you are interested in serving.
PHOTOGRAPHY CLUB FUNDRAISER – Wednesday, 11/29
- The photography club will be selling Stroopwafels in the commons before and after school, as well as HS lunch, for .50 each.
- A stroopwafel (Dutch pronunciation: [ˈstroːpʋaːfəl] (
- Beginning in December, Stroopwafels will be on sale the 2nd Wednesday of every month.
- Come try one out, they’re delicious!
SENIORS MEET WITH JOSTENS REP – Thursday, 11/30
- A CVCS Jostens Rep will be here to meet with all seniors immediately after chapel in the auditorium from 10:45 – 11:25 am.
- Please watch for GRADUATION order packets to come home that afternoon.
- Parents are welcome to attend.
SKI TEAM INFO
- Calling all skiers!!! If you missed the informational ski team meeting this week, please be sure and stop by Mrs. Risinger’s room (West lab) and pick up a Bogus Basin waiver. The waivers are due back to Bogus by December 15th, so they will need to be turned into Mrs. Risinger before then.
- The JH ski team advisor is Mrs. Hightower and the HS ski team advisor is Mrs. Risinger.
WINTER WEATHER PROCEDURES
- For full information on how we decide and communicate changes to our normal school day’s schedule, and other important information due to winter weather, please click Winter Weather Procedures. This can also be found on the CVCS website under Student Life.
- Stay up to date with sporting practices, games and events, by clicking our ATHLETICS home page.
BAND & COLORGUARD NEWS
- The band and colorguard will be marching in the Boise Holiday Parade tomorrow, 11/18. The parade route runs in front of the capitol building in Boise and starts at 9:30 am. This parade will be televised on KTVB channel 7.
- The band and colorguard will be participating in the Meridian Winter Lights Parade 5:00 – 8:30 pm on Friday, 12/1.