Scrip Program Overview and Instructions
The CVCS Scrip Program is designed to capture funds already being spent by CVCS families and friends
in order to raise money for our School and provide a means of lowering tuition costs for our families.
When you purchase Scrip cards through CVCS, you are purchasing prepaid cards that are used just like cash for everyday expenses like food, gas, clothing, and other essentials at hundreds of businesses, many of which you shop at on a regular basis.
CVCS earns anywhere from 2-25% profit from the purchase of Scrip cards. For instance, when we purchase a $100 card to Fred Meyer for $100, Fred Meyer charges the school $95 for that card and the $5 profit goes back to our School.
In addition, when you purchase products or services from a local or school family business affiliated with our Scrip program, that business makes a contribution to CVCS that is added to your Scrip profit. If you own and/or operate a local business, it can be listed in the CVCS Business Directory which is a win-win-win for families, businesses, and CVCS through the Scrip program!
In March, August, and November, tuition credits earned are calculated and each family whose Scrip purchases generate a minimum profit of $20 receives a letter stating the amount of profit they have earned for the School and the amount of tuition credit they may claim toward their own tuition cost, which is 50% of the profit earned. The family also may choose to have CVCS retain the profit.
Scrip benefits families two ways: 50% of profits are credited back for tuition, and because our school receives funds we can keep tuition costs lower. With every purchase, you can earn tuition credit and revenue for our school!
Even grandparents, relatives and friends can help with tuition and support CVCS by purchasing Scrip cards online from anywhere!
Scrip is a year-round program and you can begin participating at any time, with the tuition credit you earn being available the next time credits are calculated.
Tuition Credits are calculated in August as the school year is beginning and including all Scrip purchases made since the previous March and over the summer; then again in November before Christmastime and including all Scrip purchases since August; and finally in March as recommitment fees become due and including all Scrip purchases since November and including Christmas.
Please read over the Scrip FAQs for more specific information on this profitable program.
TO GET STARTED WITH SCRIP AND BEGIN ACCUMULATING TUITION CREDIT:
1. You must first register on Shopwithscrip.com.
This is the system used to track your purchases and therefore your tuition credit.
*Email email@example.com for the Cole Valley Christian Schools Enrollment Code.*
2. If you are purchasing Scrip to benefit another family, designate the family name in your profile.
3. Complete and send in a Scrip Registration Form for our records and so we can serve you well.
Scrip cards for over 80 restaurants and retailers are available for purchase in the office at the Elementary or Secondary campus.
We will enter these purchases for you on the Shop with Scrip system and you will receive credit.
On-Hand Inventory List Full list of Scrip options in our area
CVCS Business Directory Consider adding your business to the directory and partnering with CVCS in the Tuition Credit Program. Click the link at left. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
SCRIP ORDERING SCHEDULE 2017-2018:
Online Scrip orders will be compiled and released weekly at 11:00 a.m. on Thursdays unless there is no school at the Secondary Campus. (If you order ScripNow and pay with Presto Pay you can get your Scrip anytime--see below for information on ScripNow and Presto Pay.)
SCRIP ORDERING INSTRUCTIONS:
FOR PHYSICAL GIFT CARDS: * Visit the office at the Elementary or Secondary campus anytime during office hours and select from over 80 gift card options. Pay with cash or check and take them home with you charged and ready to spend or give.
OR go to www.ShopWithScrip.com and choose from hundreds of local and national options. Here are the steps:
1. If you have not created a ShopWithScrip.com account, To do so, email email@example.com now for the CVCS Enrollment Code. Complete and send in a Scrip Registration Form so we can serve you better.
2. When shopping on the website for gift cards, hover your mouse over any business logo to see the Scrip options for that vendor, click on the picture of a physical gift card, and choose your denomination and quantity.
3. Check out, and you will only be able to select to pay by check unless you sign up for Presto Pay, which takes 2 to 3 business days. Then you can pay online, but not for orders you have already created. Those will require cash or check payment, or we can cancel the order(s) and you can reorder. No debit or credit cards are accepted for payment for Scrip.
If paying by check, print your order receipt and attach your check and send in to school before Thursday at 9:00 a.m.
All orders for physical gift cards are released on Thursdays, unless there is no order that week due to days off of school. Scrip order days are listed on the Tandem Calendar. Scrip orders are received at school on the following Tuesday and are ready for pick up or to be sent home, depending on your indication on your Scrip Registration Form.
FOR ELECTRONIC SCRIP IMMEDIATELY (SCRIPNOW): There are two ways to order electronic ScripNow: on your computer or on your phone.
You must first create an account on www.ShopWithScrip.com. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for the CVCS Enrollment Code. Complete and send in a Scrip Registration Form so we can serve you better.
Sign up for Presto Pay, a secure online payment system attached to your checking account which takes 2 to 3 business days to set up. **No debit or credit cards are accepted for Scrip payment. ScripNow orders will not be released without payment.
To order electronic ScripNow on your phone:
1. Open your web browser and go to www.MyScripWallet.com. Scroll down and select "add to homepage". You will then see a My Scrip Wallet icon on your phone.
2. Tap the icon and sign in using the same credentials for the account you created on ShopWithScrip.com.
3. Tap 'Order' and select the electronic Scrip brand you want. Then choose the dollar amount in available increments.
4. When you've made your selections, click “Cart”. Check out using Presto Pay and the pin you created.
5. Your ScripNow will show up under "Wallet" within a minute or two.
You are ready to redeem your code or barcode.
Example: Sitting at Chili's, your bill comes, you sign on to My Scrip Wallet on your phone, choose Chili's in increments of $10, add to cart, check out from your cart, pay with Presto Pay, and within a moment, your Chili's ScripNow! appears in your Wallet. You open up your Chili's and show the code to your server, who redeems it on their register like a gift card. Now you just earned 11% on your Chili's visit, without having to come in to school to buy plastic Chili's gift cards ahead of time. The balance remaining, if any, is left in your Scrip Wallet for later use.
To order electronic ScripNow on your computer:
Sign into your www.ShopWithScrip.com account.
2. Hover your mouse over the name of the vendor to see the available Scrip options for that vendor and select the red exclamation point for ScripNow.
Choose the dollar amount in the available increments.
When you check out, you must pay with Presto Pay in order to receive your electronic ScripNow within minutes. You’re done!
If you have not previously set up Presto Pay, you only have the option to pay by check. **No debit or credit cards are accepted for Scrip payment.
Print your order receipt, attach your check, and send in to school by Thursday at noon. All orders paid by check are released on Thursdays unless there is no order due to days off of school. Scrip order dates are listed on Tandem.
7. If payment is received by Thursday noon, your electronic ScripNow is available in your ShopWithScrip.com account as soon as the orders are released on Thursday afternoon.
TO RELOAD A CARD:
1. The card must have been originally purchased from our program.
2. Either on ShopWithScrip.com or on My Scrip Wallet, select Reload for the card you want to reload.
3. Register the card number.
4. Select the amount you want to load on to your card.
5. If you pay with Presto Pay, your reload funds should be available immediately but sometimes takes up to 24 hours.
If you select to pay by check, print your order receipt, attach your check, and send it into school by Thursday at noon. All orders paid by check are released on Thursdays, unless there is no order that week due to days off of school. Scrip order days are listed on the Tandem Calendar. Once released, your reload funds will be available within 24 hours. If payment is not received, your reload funds will not be released.
Check out the helpful videos on ShopWithScrip.com
Scrip Tips for Earning More
For questions and help, contact Scrip Coordinator Sammy Harris at email@example.com or at (208) 947-1212, option 2 for Secondary Campus.