- CVCS earns anywhere from 2.5-40% profit from the purchase of Scrip.
- Tuition credits are calculated three times a year, in March, August, and November.
- Scrip benefits families two ways:
50% of profits are credited back for tuition, and because our school receives funds we can keep tuition costs lower. With every purchase, you can earn tuition credit and revenue for our school!
- Even grandparents, relatives and friends can help with tuition and support CVCS by purchasing Scrip cards online from anywhere!
- Scrip is a year-round program
You can begin participating at any time, with the tuition credit you earn being available the next time credits are calculated.
Consider adding your business to the CVCS Business Directory and partnering with CVCS in the Tuition Credit Program. Click the link at left. Contact email@example.com for more information.
Scrip cards can be purchased with cash or a check anytime during school hours at the Elementary or Secondary Campus office.
GET STARTED WITH SCRIP AND BEGIN ACCUMULATING TUITION CREDIT
1. You must first register on Shopwithscrip.com.
This is the system used to track your purchases and therefore your tuition credit.
*Email firstname.lastname@example.org for the Cole Valley Christian Schools Enrollment Code.*
2. If you are purchasing Scrip to benefit another family, designate the family name in your profile.
3. Complete and send in a Scrip Registration Form for our records and so we can serve you well.
Scrip cards for over 80 restaurants and retailers are available for purchase in the office at the Elementary or Secondary campus.
We will enter these purchases for you on the Shop with Scrip system and you will receive credit.
SCRIP ORDERING SCHEDULE 2017-2018
SCRIP ORDERING INSTRUCTIONS FOR PHYSICAL GIFT CARDS
* Visit the office at the Elementary or Secondary campus anytime during office hours and select from over 80 gift card options. Pay with cash or check and take them home with you charged and ready to spend or give.
OR go to ShopWithScrip.com and choose from hundreds of local and national options. Here are the steps:
1. If you have not created a ShopWithScrip.com account, To do so, email email@example.com now for the CVCS Enrollment Code. Complete and send in a Scrip Registration Form so we can serve you better.
2. When shopping on the website for gift cards, hover your mouse over any business logo to see the Scrip options for that vendor, click on the picture of a physical gift card, and choose your denomination and quantity.
3. Check out, and you will only be able to select to pay by check unless you sign up for Presto Pay, which takes 2 to 3 business days. Then you can pay online, but not for orders you have already created. Those will require cash or check payment, or we can cancel the order(s) and you can reorder. No debit or credit cards are accepted for payment for Scrip.
If paying by check, print your order receipt and attach your check and send in to school before Thursday at 11:00 a.m.
All orders for physical gift cards are released on Thursdays, unless there is no order that week due to days off of school. Scrip order days are listed on the Tandem Calendar. Scrip orders are received at school on the following Tuesday and are ready for pick up or to be sent home, depending on your indication on your Scrip Registration Form.
SIGN UP FOR PRESTO PAY TO GET ELECTRONIC SCRIP IMMEDIATELY (SCRIPNOW)
Sign up for Presto Pay, a secure online payment system attached to your checking account which takes 2 to 3 business days to set up. **No debit or credit cards are accepted for Scrip payment. ScripNow orders will not be released without payment.
1. Sign in to your ShopWithScrip.com account.
2. Go to your Dashboard at the top of the page.
3. Click on the PrestoPay link on the lower right of your Dashboard.
4. Enter your bank account and account holder information.
5. Within 2-3 business days, we will deposit two small amounts in your bank account from Great Lakes Scrip Center. Record those amounts when you see them.
6. Sign onto ShopWithScrip.com, enter these amounts in your PrestoPay registration to verify the account, and choose a PIN number to use for online payment.
7. Once you complete the verification, you will see the approval code on that page. Provide that to your organization coordinator to approve you, and once approved by the coordinator, PrestoPay will be available as a payment option at checkout.
TO ORDER ELECTRONIC SCRIPNOW ON YOUR PHONE
1. Open your web browser and go to MyScripWallet.com. Scroll down and select "add to homepage". You will then see a My Scrip Wallet icon on your phone.
2. Tap the icon and sign in using the same credentials for the account you created on ShopWithScrip.com.
3. Tap 'Order' and select the electronic Scrip brand you want. Then choose the dollar amount in available increments.
4. When you've made your selections, click “Cart”. Check out using Presto Pay and the pin you created.
5. Your ScripNow will show up under "Wallet" within a minute or two.
You are ready to redeem your code or barcode.
Example: Sitting at Chili's, your bill comes, you sign on to My Scrip Wallet on your phone, choose Chili's in increments of $10, add to cart, check out from your cart, pay with Presto Pay, and within a moment, your Chili's ScripNow! appears in your Wallet. You open up your Chili's and show the code to your server, who redeems it on their register like a gift card. Now you just earned 11% on your Chili's visit, without having to come in to school to buy plastic Chili's gift cards ahead of time. The balance remaining, if any, is left in your Scrip Wallet for later use.
TO ORDER ELECTRONIC SCRIPNOW ON YOUR COMPUTER
1. Sign into your ShopWithScrip.com account.
2. Hover your mouse over the name of the vendor to see the available Scrip options for that vendor and select the red exclamation point for ScripNow.
3. Choose the dollar amount in the available increments.
4. When you check out, you must pay with Presto Pay in order to receive your electronic ScripNow within minutes. You’re done!
5. If you have not previously set up Presto Pay, you only have the option to pay by check. **No debit or credit cards are accepted for Scrip payment.
6. Print your order receipt, attach your check, and send in to school by Thursday at 11:00 a.m. All orders paid by check are released on Thursdays unless there is no order due to days off of school. Scrip order dates are listed on Tandem.
7. If payment is received by Thursday at 11:00 a.m, your electronic ScripNow is available in your ShopWithScrip.com account as soon as the orders are released on Thursday at 11:00 a.m.
TO RELOAD A CARD
1. The card must have been originally purchased from our program.
3. Register the card number.
4. Select the amount you want to load on to your card.
5. If you pay with Presto Pay, your reload funds should be available immediately but sometimes takes up to 24 hours.
6. If you select to pay by check, print your order receipt, attach your check, and send it into school by Thursday at 11:00 a.m. All orders paid by check are released on Thursdays, unless there is no order that week due to days off of school. Scrip order days are listed on the Tandem Calendar. Once released, your reload funds will be available within 24 hours. If payment is not received, your reload funds will not be released.
Q What is Scrip?
A The Scrip Program is designed to capture funds already being spent by CVCS families and friends and raise money for our school. When you purchase Scrip cards you are purchasing prepaid cards/gift certificates that are used just like cash to purchase food, gas, clothing, and other essentials at hundreds of businesses, many of which you shop at on a regular basis. CVCS earns anywhere from 1.5-25% profit from the purchase of Scrip cards. For instance, Fred Meyer gives CVCS a 5% discount on their cards. When you purchase a $100 Fred Meyer card for $100, Fred Meyer charges the School $95 for that card and the $5 profit goes back to our School. When your purchases generate $20 minimum profit, it is split 50/50 with you to claim toward your tuition costs. With every purchase, you can earn tuition credit and revenue for our School!
Q How does the School benefit from the Scrip Program?
A In the 2016-2017 school year, Scrip Program sales reached over $485,000, which generated profit of nearly $25,000 for CVCS, and families who participated earned $8,854 of that in tuition credits!
Q How do I benefit from Scrip?
A You receive 50% of the profit your purchases earn for the School after you earn a minimum profit of $20 in the form of tuition credit.
Highest Scrip tuition credit earned by one family in one school year: Over $1,086. Lowest: $10.00.
Average tuition credit earned: around $52.00 three times per year when credits are calculated.
The families were then able to deduct their credit from their next tuition payment or other fees (athletic, art, registration, etc.). *Remember...Scrip pays you two ways: 50% of all profits are credited back for your tuition, and, because our school receives funds, we can keep tuition costs lower. It's a win-win!
Q Is it easy to participate?
A YES there are four convenient ways to purchase Scrip:
1) Purchase from inventory of cards available at both the Elementary and the Secondary campus offices any time the offices are open.
Q How do I get started?
A 1) In order to receive tuition credit, first you must register at ShopWithScrip.com . To do this, click "Create Account" in the green Family Sign-Up box on the left side of the page. Your email address and the school’s Enrollment Code are required to register. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for the Enrollment Code. If you are participating in Scrip to benefit a CVCS school family or want to designate another CVCS family to receive tuition credit for your purchases, you must indicate the family name in your profile, and they must register on Shopwithscrip.com. This is our only way of tracking tuition credit.
2) Send in a completed Scrip Registration Form for our records.
3) Read the Scrip page under Support CVCS on ColeValleyChristian.org and follow the instructions for purchasing and ordering the type of Scrip you want.
Q What is our school’s Enrollment Code?
A To protect the security of our program, please email email@example.com for the CVCS Scrip Enrollment Code.
Q When are orders placed?
A Orders and payments are due by 11:00 a.m. on Thursdays. Order forms and online orders are collected and released together weekly. Please check the School Tandem Calendar and Scrip page under Support CVCS on ColeValleyChristian.org for updates. If an online order is placed on Thursday after 11:00 a.m., or, if an order form is not in the school office by that deadline, it cannot be processed until the following order.
Q When are orders received?
A All Scrip arrives first at School and then is processed for individual orders. Scrip ordered on Thursday is ready the following Tuesday afternoon. Notify us of your fulfillment option on your printed order form or by emailing Sammy Harris at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pick up at Elementary office, or
- Pick up at Secondary office, or
- Send home with (child’s name), or
- Include $3 and your address for mailing
Q What is Presto Pay?
A Presto Pay is a convenient online payment method linked to your checking account using ACH (Automated Clearing House) Transaction.
We have maintained 100% security with this program every year we have participated.
Look for the Presto Pay option after you have registered on ShopWithScrip.com to sign up. Advantages of Presto Pay 1) No lag time waiting for payment to arrive so we can fill your order or mail cards if you live far away. *Make sure to notify us how you would like to receive your order by emailing Sammy Harris at email@example.com 2) ScripNow and Reloads are available within minutes and not hung up waiting for payment. 3) No need to get a check or cash delivered to School.
Q Who can participate?
A Anyone! Even grandparents, relatives and friends can support CVCS and earn you tuition credit by purchasing Scrip online from wherever they are! We will mail cards for an additional $3.00 to cover postage. See “How do I get started?” above and follow the process for registering friends and family and designating your family to receive credit.
Q How do out-of-town friends and family order and receive Scrip?
A They must first register first on ShopWithScrip.com using our School’s Enrollment Code. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for the code. They can designate your family to receive credit when they create their account, and then they can place an order! It’s that simple. If paying by check, mail check and printed order form immediately to CVCS, 200 E. Carlton Ave. Meridian, ID 83642, and add $3.00 per order for mailing. If using Presto Pay, either mail a separate check to the school for the $3.00 mailing charge, or a request and a return envelope will be sent along with the order. Please provide the address on the printed order form or by email to email@example.com. Friends and family can also take advantage of ScripNow and Reloads on ShopWithScrip with no mailing involved!
Q How do I claim my tuition credit?
A We keep track of the purchases you make through the ShopWithScrip website and process tuition credits in March, August, and November. That is, when the new school year begins, just before Christmas, and right before registration/recommittment fees are due for the next year. When your purchases generate a minimum profit of $20, we give you 50% of the profit earned. You will be notified by letter of the amount of credit you have earned. You may deduct the credit from your next tuition payment, noting the deduction on your payment coupon or you may choose to return the credit to CVCS. Track your tuition credit anytime on ShopWithScrip.com under “My Account” and "Reports" on the left side menu.
Q How do I get credit for purchases I make from on-hand inventory in the office?
A These purchases will be entered for you on the Shop With Scrip system and you will receive credit. Purchases will be tracked manually for those who have not yet registered. Please register on ShopWithScrip.com and send in a completed Scrip Registration Form to school right away so your credit can be tracked using the ShopWithScrip system.
Q Is the Scrip program year-round?
A Scrip is a year round program and an important item in our school’s budget every year. Inventory is available for purchase in both campus offices all summer during office hours, and one order per month is placed during the summer break until regular weekly orders resume at the beginning of the new school year. All purchases over the summer count toward August tuition credits, and you can begin participating at any time.
Q Do the cards expire? If so, are they good for at least a year or so?
A Most never expire, but a few can lose value each year. You can check the card balances on their respective websites or by calling the phone number listed on the back of the card.
Q Are the cards similar to a debit card? (i.e., if I purchase a $100 card, can I spend it in smaller increments over time until it is all used up?)
A Yes-most Scrip is in the form of a debit card (just like regular gift cards) and will carry your balance.
Q Can a credit card be used to purchase Scrip?
A Credit cards eat into the percentages earned on cards and therefore are not supported by the Scrip website or the School.
Q My question was not answered here. Now what?
A 1) Read the Scrip Program page on ColeValleyChristian.org for more valuable information.
2) Contact Sammy Harris at firstname.lastname@example.org or 208-947-1212, Secondary Campus.
For questions and help, contact Scrip Coordinator Sammy Harris at email@example.com or at (208) 947-1212, option 2 for Secondary Campus.