Reaching out with over 2,000 hours of meaningful work that makes a difference in our community while raising money for our school.
What Is Work-A-Thon?
Work-a-Thon is an annual event in November in which CVCS students and faculty work in our community with a mission to bless others while also raising funds for our school. During the week of November 18-22, our students and staff will work in local non-profit organizations, churches, assist local neighbors, and work on projects within our school. Elementary students will contribute 2 hours of work and Secondary students will contribute 3 hours of work.
Work-a-Thon supports our mission by giving our students the opportunity to meet needs of those outside the walls of our school. It builds their awareness of how to be a blessing in our local community as they are exposed to different opportunities and ways of helping. And as a result, Work-a-Thon gives Cole Valley Christian Schools the opportunity to create goodwill with these organizations, our town and our neighbors.
2019 Work-A-Thon Information
- Secondary Students/Staff: Friday, November 22, 2019
- Elementary Students/Staff: Monday, November 18 - Friday, November 22, 2019
- Classes will pick a project that could be done any one day that week - teachers will announce specifics for their students
Students will be asking for 10 people to support them at $10 each for a personal goal of $100. Funds raised will be used to:
- Purchase new furniture and technology to finish out the newly renovated Learning Commons at the Secondary Campus
- Purchase new CleverTouch technology for our Elementary Classrooms
- Renovate and build new classrooms in the Brewer Building to expand student capacity for 2020/2021 school year
How to Donate:
- Cash / Check sent with students or mailed to our Business Office by December 2nd
- Make checks payable to "CVCS"
- Memo line: "WAT 2019 - student's name" - or if making a general donation "WAT 2019"
- Mail to: CVCS, 200 E. Carlton Ave, Meridian, ID 83642
- Credit Card online - text "cvcs" to 555888 to get a link to our secure donation website - or click here
How Can You Help?
Parents, grandparents, neighbors and friends have the opportunity to help our school for Work-A-Thon in several ways:
- Prayer Support - Praying for every aspect of the day and preparation for it
- Encouragement Support - Speak encouragement into your student(s) about the importance of blessing others through hard work
- Financial Support - Sponsoring students with donations as they work
- Volunteer Support - Help us prepare the work plan before the event or work alongside students the day of the event