At Cole Valley Christian Schools, we integrate technology in learning throughout both campuses to equip students to be successful in a rapidly changing workforce.
Elementary - Grades 1-5
- K-5 students are introduced to various applications that will support their in-classroom learning. These applications include but are not limited to: IXL, Spelling City, Raz-Kids, Khan Academy and others.
- In all grade levels digital stewardship is emphasized.
- 3rd and 4th grade students begin a concentrated program of keyboarding skills. Students are also introduced to Microsoft Class Teams and other Microsoft applications. Proper use of researching online is introduced.
- 5th grade students along with building keyboarding skills, dive deeper into many of the Microsoft applications. These tools will benefit them in their future years of education and in the job world. Along with learning these applications more skills are taught in researching online.
Middle School - Grades 6-8
- 6th and 8th students continue to reinforce, deepen their knowledge of, and incorporate Microsoft Applications in their day to day use in all subject areas.
- Online research skills are continually reinforced.
- Digital stewardship is also continually emphasized.
- Elective courses in robotics, Minecraft, and film class.
High School - Grades 9-12
*Includes Middle School students enrolled in HS level classes.
What Does Your Student Need?
All students enrolled in a high school level class are required to bring a personal computing device (and power cord) to class.
- Procure a device that meets the minimum specifications
- Acceptable devices:
- Windows 10/11 laptop (Windows 10/11 in S mode is not acceptable)
- Macbook (macOS 10.13 High Sierra or newer)
- Not acceptable:
- Acceptable devices:
Windows 10/11 in S mode
These devices do not have the ability to download and run Microsoft Office 2019.
* With constant changes in technology, the list of devices excluded can drastically change and may not be listed in the above items.
- Bring device to the first day of school and every day school is in session.
- Label device and power cord
- If a student forgets their device, loaner laptops are available at the helpdesk for $25/day.
How Will This Benefit Your Student's Learning?
At Cole Valley Christian, we are constantly striving to improve how we deliver on our Mission. Here are a few ways that we feel this program helps us accomplish our Mission:
- Expand the tools available to our teachers for enhancing and differentiating instruction to students, helping to “shepherd and challenge each student to reach their potential”.
- Research has shown that integrating technology into the classroom strategically in support of instruction (not in place of it), enhances the engagement and learning of students.
- Prepare students for the digital world they are entering into, whether college or the workplace.
- The age of the internet has radically changed education as massive amounts of information are available to students. Students (and also adults) are now at the center of their own learning. As we prepare students for their next step, it is important to help them learn how to sift through the information with discernment and how to apply that information productively.