Epic Lip Sync Battle
Epic Lip Sync Battle - February 26, 2021
It's time to create an evening of creativity and fun to benefit CVCS and Charger Arts! You do not need vocal talent to shine in this event. Join us at the SECONDARY Gym (NEW LOCATION) at 6 pm.
- Food Tickets available for purchase to support Charger Arts. Redeem for Hot dog, chips, soda meal or Dessert/Coffee
- Free Photo Booth: Use the free photo booth to get your photos taken with the stars of the show.
- See NOTE below about attendance
Lip Sync Parameters:
- Time limit - 2-2:30 min.
- Song must be approved by the production crew.
- No Duplicate Songs: First Come, First Serve (register your song here)
- All Props / costumes used in the act must be carried onto and off the stage with the performers.
- Stage = gym floor north end
- Video can be shown above performers head should you desire one
- No men dressed as women, please.
Who can have an act?
- Any CVCS student, faculty, staff, family or alumni.
- Any student, parent, or alumni can coordinate and act
- Elementary & Secondary will be judged separately.
- Small Group will be judged separately from Large Group numbers.
- Small Group - 1-4 members
- Large Group - 5 or more members
A group can earn up to 10 points per judge (6 judges) for the following:
- Appropriate/creative song choice
- Lip Sync quality: words understandable, facial expression appropriate to what they were singing
- Costumes/hair: fit song choice
- Choreography: interesting, creative, matches song mood, bring words of the song to life
- Props / Stage Enhancements - did they add to the story? Make words of the song more understandable?
- Stage/audience awareness - did you perform so the audience could see what you were doing? Facing the front of stage vs. back.
- Audience Responsiveness - what kind of reaction did you bring out of the audience
Added by the one BONUS judge (not per judge) = Max 10 points.
- Overall Creativity - up to 5 bonus points (reinterpret a song, epic production quality, etc.)
- Family or Faculty involved - up to 5 points based on their involvement (more points for more extensive involvement or multiple adults).
Register early to claim your song!
Register your act by clicking the black box below and filling in the form. You will be contacted by the show coordinators to confirm and approve your act.
Check-in with your act Coordinator and sit on the gym floor close to the stage zone (parents will be in bleachers). You will sit with your group until you perform. Then you can join your parents in the crowd to watch the rest of the show if you choose.
- Elementary Show - report to the gym as close to 5:30 as possible.
- Secondary Show - report to the gym as close to 7:00 as possible.
NOTE: The plan is to have parents spread out on the bleachers and students on the gym floor at the SECONDARY Campus where there is LOTS of room to spread out. Should it be required, we may need to have a few grades at a time with parents only rather than the entire Elementary then Secondary group at once. Should we need to operate with smaller groups, those who purchase show tickets will receive the link to the entire show video (Elementary and Secondary shows) following the event. If you would like to watch the show from home, you can order a ticket and we will send you the edited show video link following the event.